5 Ways To Detox The Skin
5 Ways To Detox The Skin
There are so many fad diets out there to detox your body but there are simple ways to detoxify your body and detox the skin at the same time. Releasing toxins from the body cleanses the skin, helps build and maintain the overall health of your skin. Here are 5 ways to help keep your skin looking fresher than ever!
Detox The Skin These 5 Ways
- WATER WATER WATER!!! Drinking a lot of water is the key to healthy skin. Not only does it keep your skin fresh and hydrated but it also flushes out toxins. According to scientific research you should drink an average of 3 liters of water everyday. Add a few drops of chlorophyll to your water for an extra boost. Chlorophyll will help oxygen transportation in your body helping your skin feel look refreshed.
- A healthy Diet! You are what you eat and avoiding processed and fried foods and eating more fruits, vegetables, and lean meats will aid in beautiful skin. While spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine, and refined sugars have a tendency to congest your skin. So avoiding these things will aid in avoiding toxic build up in your body. Always remember the 80/20 rule – 80% healthy foods and 20% of your favorite treat. Following this as a general guideline will help you to detox the skin easily.
- Probiotics! Believe it or not there are many other foods other than yogurt that contain natural probiotics such as soy milk, milk, dark chocolate, pickles and olives just to name a few. Probiotics help support a strong immune system, aid in regular bowel movements, and have been proven to detox the body from the inside and out.
- Baths! Who doesn’t love a relaxing warm bath and by adding a few ingredients to your bath you can draw out toxins and dirt from your skin. Adding 2 cups of Epsom salt and ¼ cup of baking soda and sprinkle a few drops of your favorite essential oil will destroy toxins, organisms and residue from soap. This combination will also help soothe irritated skin and boost magnesium levels.
- Sweat! Sweating out toxins through working out or a sauna is a way to naturally cleanse the skin. Exercising on a daily basis is all a way to relieve stress which will also help improve skin. Always remember to wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and oil from the skin while maintaining a balanced Ph.
While you are here, be sure to take a look at our large selection of skincare products. We think you are going to love what you see as you detox the skin!